Lunchtime starts in the dining room - here are some good rules...
So that we can care for everyone and everything, we agree to:
1. Follow instructions straight away.
2. Line up sensibly without pushing.
3. Show good manners when choosing our food and eating at our tables.
4. Talk quietly to people on our table.
5. Show respect to the people who help us at dinner time.
6. Leave your table clean and tidy.
7. Put your rubbish in the bin.
We had our first meeting of the new team today. We are all excited about improving playtimes... We have loads of ideas.
We started by looking again at the rights of a child and how these apply to Playtime in school.
We are going to look for good games and add a page with ideas for outside play and inside on wild days.
We are the PIT's (Playground Improvement Team) and we are pupils from Acharacle Primary School and our aim is to make playtime a happy, fun and safe time! We've got some great pictures of all the pupils having fun in the playground. Take a look.
The nursery also have a playground. It has a cool climbing frame, a decking area and some nice apple trees. They learn about FairPlay in the nursery as well.
All pupils in the Acharacle play have the right to...
* All children have these rights and no child should be treated unfairly on any basis. (Article 2)
* Adults should do the best for all children in the playground. (Article 3)
* To be listened to and give your opinions. (Article 12)
* To find out things and share what you think. (Article 13)
* To choose their own friends. (Article 15)
* To be protected from hurt emotionally and physically. (Article 19)
* To respect other people. (Article 29)
* To have their own language and religion. (Article 30)
* To play and rest. (Article 31)
* Not to be taken advantage of. (Article 36)
* Not to be punished in a cruel or harmful way. (Article 37)